Trek Marlin 4 Bike
*IN STORE PICKUP ONLY*
Marlin 4 is the perfect gateway to trail riding. It's ideal for new riders who want a mountain bike with knobby tires that can double as a rugged commuter. Disc brakes, front suspension, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack, fenders, and kickstand make this versatile ride an excellent entry point for new trail riders and campus commuters alike.
- Fit for every rider - Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
- High tech, high value - Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
- Will my bike have a curved top tube? - Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
- Rear kickstand mount: Chainstay mounts make it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Rack mounts: Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- Blendr stem: Bontrager stem technology lets you clip your gear directly to the stem for clean looks, maximum user friendliness.
- Frame Size: XS , S - Alpha Silver Aluminum, low standover, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- Frame Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- Fork Size: XS - SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 42mm offset for 27.5'' wheel, 100mm QR, 80mm travel
- Fork Size: S - SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 42mm offset for 27.5'' wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Fork Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL - SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 46mm offset for 29'' wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub: Formula DC-31, alloy, 6-bolt, 6/7/8 speed freewheel, 135x5mm QR
- Rim: Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Spokes: 14g, stainless
- Tire Size: XS , S - Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 27.5x2.20''
- Tire Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20''
- Shifter: Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, 34.9mm clamp, down swing, down pull
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog
- Crank: Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24, 170mm length
- Bottom bracket: VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Cassette: Shimano TZ500, 14-28, 7 speed
- Chain: KMC Z7, 7 speed
- Pedal: VP-536 nylon platform
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Seatpost Size: XS , S - Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, 330mm length
- Seatpost Size: M - Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, 360mm length
- Seatpost Size: ML , L , XL , XXL - Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, 400mm length
- Handlebar Size: XS , S - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 660mm width
- Handlebar Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- Grips: Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Stem Size: XS - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 60mm length
- Stem Size: S - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 70mm length
- Stem Size: M - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 80mm length
- Stem Size: ML , L - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 90mm length
- Stem Size: XL , XXL - Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 100mm length
- Headset: Semi-integrated, 1-1/8''
- Brake Size: XS , S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor
- Brake Size: XS , S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Tektro MD-M281 mechanical disc
- Weight: M - 14.50 kg / 31.97 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colors, and materials.
Bike and frame weights are based off Trek pre-production painted frames at time of publication. Weights may vary in final production.
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
For more information about pre-orders please check link at footer
NOMADS was very responsive to my inquiries and keeping me up to date on delivery details. They were even able to get my bikes to me in time for Xmas! The quality of the product is excellent.
The bike is great..everything you would expect from a quality manufacturer like Trek! Sadly a bit too small..I should have ordered a medium rather than a size small.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.