Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100mm of travel, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
- Fit for every rider - Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
- High tech, high value - Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
- Rack mounts: Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- Rear kickstand mount: Chainstay mounts makes it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Blendr stem: Bontrager stem technology lets you clip your gear directly to the stem for clean looks, maximum user friendliness.
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- Fork: SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front hub: Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub: Formula DC27 alloy
- Rims: Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Tires: Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.0˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shifters: Shimano Altus M310, 7 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300
- Crank: Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket: Sealed cartridge, 73mm
- Cassette: Shimano HG200, 12-32, 7 speed
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Pedals: VP-536 nylon platform
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada
- Seatpost: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Handlebar: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)
- Grips: Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Stem: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set: 1-1/8˝ threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Brake set: Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)
- Weight: M - 14.59 kg / 32.17 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colors, and materials.
Bike and frame weights are based off Trek pre-production painted frames at time of publication. Weights may vary in final production.
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs. ERROR
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.