Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a great cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
- Fit for every rider - Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
- High tech, high value - Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
- Rack mounts: Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
- Suspension lockout: Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
- Rear kickstand mount: Chainstay mounts makes it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Blendr stem: Bontrager stem technology lets you clip your gear directly to the stem for clean looks, maximum user friendliness.
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- Fork: RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 46mm offset for 29" wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub: Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Rims: Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, presta valve
- Tires: Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shifters: Shimano Altus M2010, 9 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Altus M2020, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow design, long cage
- Crank: Shimano MT101, 36/22
- Bottom bracket: VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Cassette: Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed
- Chain: KMC X9, 9 speed
- Pedals: VP-536 nylon platform
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Seatpost: Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Handlebar: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Grips: Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Headset: Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Brakeset: Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- Weight: M - 14.08 kg / 31.05 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colors, and materials.
Bike and frame weights are based off Trek pre-production painted frames at time of publication. Weights may vary in final production.
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.